Health Policy And Perspectives Grid Assignment
Posted By Admin @ Feb 24, 2022
Posted By Admin @ Feb 24, 2022
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Course Name: Principles of Management Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT 101 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: I CRN:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: --/05 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignment submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• This Assignment comprises of a short Case.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-2 students will be able to understand the
LO 5. Ability to carry out organization’s role in ethics, diversity, and social responsibility. (Lo3.3)
• Please read the case “UPS Actively Pursues Sustainability.” in Chapter 3 “The Manager’s Changing Work Environment & Ethical Responsibilities” available in your textbook - Management: A Practical Approach 7th edition by Kinicki, A., & Williams, B., and answer the following questions:
Questions: (1.25 x 4= 5 marks)
Q1. How does UPS's approach toward sustainability impact the triple bottom line? Be specific.
Q2. Which of the six general environmental forces influenced Mr. Kuehn's approach toward sustainability? Discuss.
Q3. To what extent is UPS's approach toward sustainability consistent with the four approaches to deciding ethical dilemmas?
Q4. Evaluate UPS's approach toward sustainability against Carroll's model of social responsibility shown in Figure.
Figure: Carroll’s Model of Social Responsibility
1. The Triple bottom line Consists of 3P’s
These 3P’s are the indicators to measure the organization’s financial, social and environmental performance. The first P that is people states the green environment like growing trees to avoid pollution and to take fresh air. Planet include the cost of pollution in workers disputes, regarding their job nature, inequality, any issue in financial performance like the financials doing any frauds in financial books or making changes to change the results. The third P consist of Profit. The success in any business depends upon the firm profit and loss ratio through a social audit. Company should keep check on financial accounts to check the discrepancy in the accounts. It is not necessary that business earns profit every year loss is also a part of business. Continuous profit and loss considered not good for company.
The white Dog Café is famous for having these social and environmental activities. The triple bottom line not only faces the small business houses as many large organization facing these problems new a day. But big organization have tactic to overcome these problems as they have team of professionals and expertise.
Triple bottom line has divided into two parts, according to the generation.
Generation Y (1977 to 1989)
Generation Z (1990 to 2000)
It’s a bid challenge for the manager to achieve his own success to meet the challenges for a happy and successful life.
2. following are the Six general approaches.
Political Legal Forces
Economic Forces; these forces include the general condition that are not controllable, these forces may include unemployment, interest rates, economic growth, inflation, such force any destroy the economic performance of an organization.
Technological Forces: its mean to developed the process of transformation of goods and services. See how biotechnology helps us to find new ways of improving health and medicine facilities.
Sociocultural Forces: this force states that most of Americans show less interest in driving a car many of them have no vehicle. These people showing their interest in social media like twitter, Facebook and others.
Demographic Forces: these forces deal with the population and their qualities such as Age, Gender, Occupation, Family size, Income and sexual orientation, due to recent research and changes marriage rate are down and due to these divorce rates are also down.