Word 2016 Capstone Project Wd 2 Writing A Research Paper
Posted By Admin @ Mar 02, 2022
Posted By Admin @ Mar 02, 2022
Tittle: What is the relationship between employees’ satisfaction and their work commitment in the public sector?
1. What is the importance of employees' satisfaction and their work commitment in the public sector?
2. Is the employees' satisfaction influence the performance of employees in the public sector?
3. Are there any differences in the employees' satisfaction and their work commitment in the public sector based on their years of employment?
The objectives of the research are as follow:
• The research aims to identify the importance of the employees’ satisfaction and their work commitment.
• The research intends to acknowledge the difference performance caused by the employees’ satisfaction in the public sector.
1. Research Field
• The public sector describes as part of a whole economy that contains both public services and also public companies.
• The interdisciplinary fields for this research are comprising certain fields such as psychology, philosophy, sociology, and also the economy.
• A well-managed public company or public service typically value their employees as the main source or asset to gain productivity.
• The psychological aspect has described that employees' satisfaction has the capability to motivate the employees' commitment, which will result in a better performance delivered by the employees.
• The public sector depends on the employees to provide excellent customer service to the entire customers, and for this reason, the public sector needs to recognize the importance of employees' satisfaction to boost productivity for the public sector itself.
• The behaviour of employees eventually depends on the effort of public sector management to motivate and satisfy their job expectations and encourage the employees’ commitment as well.
2. Epistemological Perspective 1
• Positivism describes as an epistemological perspective that assumes that the objective of knowledge is actually to define the phenomena that the human has experienced in reality.
• In the positivist insight, the universe is considered to be deterministic, in which science’s purpose is aligned with things that unable to be observed and measured. This is due to the positivists’ deliberate realism as an object which occurs self-sufficiently of the researcher.
• This positivism operates by the laws of cause and effect that able to be distinguished if it is applied to the different approaches of the scientific technique.
• Due to science is generally a mechanical subject matter, the main approach of the scientific technique is research, which intends to distinguish the natural laws over straight observation and influence.
• Positivism has been considered as hypernym to some extent, which contains a variety subsets such as legal, logical, and more, whereas all of those subsets implement the main principles highlighting the epistemological position itself.
3. Epistemological Perspective 2
• Critical realism has been described as one of the branches of philosophy that separates between the ‘reality’ and the ‘observable’ world.
• The reality is unable to be observed and occurs independently commencing the human insights, theories, along with the constructions.
• The world that we are living in is actually constructed from our own insights and life experiences, over things that are ‘observable.’
• For this reason, the critical realists have proposed that unobservable configurations have the capability to cause the observable occasions, and the social world will be easy to be assumed if the humans will able to understand properly around the configurations that produce the occasions.
• The scientists gain understanding and knowledge throughout epistemological relativism and constructivism. At this point, the term critical realism creates the epistemic myth which is decreasing what the human says to be ‘real’ (ontological statements) into what the human acknowledges about the 'real' (epistemological statements).
4. How has the perspective identified in box 3, above been used in your field of research?
Positivist epistemology in the research field is presented as:
• Job satisfaction has been considered as the most effective or else emotional retort on the job factor of an individual. In this context, the employees' satisfaction with their job definitely entails the constructive feeling of his or her job. In addition to this, the employees' satisfaction has been described as both positive and negative behaviour presented by an individual in completing his or her job (Thamrin, 2012).
• Research has described that there are various different performance information that could be categorized into four classifications such as a). an appraisal which concerns person comparison, b). appraisal in which concerns transformations within an employee by initiating themselves, c). structure preservation, d). the record of decisions made by human resources.
• Implementing a positivist epistemology to identify the relationship between the employees’ satisfaction and commitment in the public sector proposes that this situation could be measured and separated empirically, meanwhile, the employees’ satisfaction has been considered as the main cause of their job commitment (Meyer, Becker, & Vandenberghe, 2004).
5. How has the perspective identified in box 4, above been used in your field of research?
• In the context of applying the critical realism in this research, suggested that it is clear that a number of employees would willing to make their commitment to the company, only if the company could meet their expectations and satisfaction (Wilkowska).
• In deliberating research design within critical realism, suggested for the established observations to appreciate the processes, identifying that the companies are identifiable with an arrangement of official roles and interactions, in addition to the fact that employees tend to connect with moderately predictable outlines of behaviour (Alsemeri, 2016).
• The critical realists have analyzed the relationship between the employees' satisfaction along with the achievement of the employees. The result was mentioned that affective organizational commitment has the capability to become an intermediate between the employees' satisfaction and the professional performance presented by the employees. This has also proposed as the cause-effect relationship, in which the professional performance will not present without the employees' satisfaction.
6. Choice and justification of epistemological framework selected for a research question in box 1, above.
• The positivists have been deliberated that the employees' satisfaction has been approved as the motivation for the employees to deliver a better performance which will result in improved productivity for the public sector itself. The reason was mentioned due to employees' satisfaction with their job definitely entails the constructive feeling of his or her job. For this reason, this type of epistemological perspective has supported to answer the question no 1 and no 2 which are:
- What is the relationship between employees’ satisfaction and their work commitment in the public sector?
- What is the importance of employees' satisfaction and their work commitment in the public sector?
• On the other hand, in the context of critical realism, the critical realists have observed that there is a connection or relationship between the employees’ satisfaction and the achievement gained by the employees, which given the answer for question no 3 which is: